"The DA's good," said Ginny. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?
-- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, pg 347, UK/Aust edition
the hog's head
• for fanfiction based on Dumbledore's Army • based on the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling • membership is open and unmoderated • please refer to the rules below • email your moderator at email@example.com
room of requirement
Is your name on the enchanted parchment? Are you a proud member of Dumbledore's Army?
Then join us here for fanfiction, icons, art and more featuring the members of Dumbledore's Army.
Founded in Harry Potter's fifth year, Dumbledore's Army began life as a secret Defence Against the Dark Arts club for Hogwarts students who felt their educational needs weren't being met by Dolores Umbridge. Disbanded in Harry's sixth year, the DA found themselves in the position of Hogwarts heroes during Harry's seventh year when Death Eaters took over the school and usual beacon of good, Harry Potter, was missing. Founding members Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood revived the DA, and with assistance from members including Seamus Finnigan, Ernie McMillan, Lavender Brown, Hannah Abbott, Parvati and Padma Patil, Michael Corner, Terry Boot, Susan Bones, Anthony Goldstein and others, the DA took on their new role of tormenting new Headmaster Severus Snape and his pet Death Eaters, Amycus and Alecto Carrow.
The DA faced many dangers during it's three years of existence, none more so than the final battle at Hogwarts, where Harry Potter finally triumphed over the Dark Lord Voldemort.
What stories surround Dumbledore's Army during these times? Who fought bravely and fiercely for their school? Who faced down Death Eaters and worse? Who suffered "detentions" with the Carrows?
Most importantly, who hooked up with whom?
The answers, of course, can be found within magicgoldcoins, named for the fake Galleon each member carried, enchanted by Hermione Granger to carry messages and meeting times.
enchanted parchment: rules
1. all art and fanfiction should be clearly rated. All ratings are acceptable - please note this community is marked as "adult concepts", which restricts members under the age of 14 from viewing the contents. Please make sure your date of birth is listed with Livejournal to access this community.
2. Het, slash, femmeslash and gen are all welcome in Dumbledore's Army. AU, canon compliant and canon non-compliant fics are all welcome, provided the focus of your work is still Dumbledore's Army or its members. All time periods are acceptable, from the conception of Dumbledore's Army in Order of the Phoenix through to the distant future.
3. Flaming and/or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
4. Posting guidelines: Please post all fics, essays, art, icons, etc under an LJ-cut, or provide a link to your work. The following header information is requested:
Title: Your Title
Rating: PG, PG13, R, etc
Summary: a short description of your work
Characters/Ship: the main characters/ship
Notes/Warnings: any notes or warnings
Words: your word count
5. to affliate, please email kaymbee at firstname.lastname@example.org